ZecWallet now has Recurring Payments on testnet!
You can now setup regular, recurring payments and have ZecWallet automatically pay ZEC to any address at regular intervals. And of course, you can cancel any recurring payment at any time!
Recurring payments are in beta, so they only work on Zcash Testnet for now.
To get started,
Enable the recurring payment checkbox.
Select the schedule to pay
- Confirm the payment!
List the current recurring payments by going to
Edit -> Recurring Payments
View Payment History
View to view the payment history
If you miss a payment, ZecWallet will ask you what to do
This is a maintenance release of ZecWallet that fixes a few small bugs
- Show a warning on the balances page if node is still syncing
- Add a
--confcommand line argument to override which zcash.conf to load
- Fix some memory access violations
This is a maintenance release of ZecWallet that fixes some bugs
- Fix an issue with URI parsing on the desktop that was preventing some merchant URIs from being accepted
- Fix an access violation caused by incorrect socket closure
- Improve random password generation
A minor release of ZecWallet fixes some bugs:
- Fix an issue where sometimes Android would fail to connect to the desktop
- Fix the name "ZecWallet" in the mobile UI
- Force light mode on Mac since the dark mode still seems to be having problems
This is a minor bugfix release of ZecWallet.
- Fix an issue where the direct connection from Android to desktop wouldn't work
- Fix the autoupdate notification
- Fix signature verification instructions (Thanks @rex4539)
This is a maintenance release of ZecWallet.
- Update embedded zcashd to 2.0.4
- Allow sapling address creation right from the start
- Remove Sprout address receiving
ZecWallet now lets you request Zcash from your friends and family using shielded transactions.
How it works:
File -> Request Zcashand enter the Sapling address of the person you are requesting Zcash from, along with the amount and an optional memo.
(The payment request is sent to the person's sapling address as a memo)
The person receives a payment request from you, that they can view on the transactions tab.
- The person selects
(right click) -> View Payment Requestand clicks
Payto send you the payment, which you receive!
This version of ZecWallet features several improvements:
- A new "Troubleshooting" dialog that can rescan/reindex the blockchain, fixing the most common wallet problems
msi(Windows) installers automatically register ZecWallet as a
zcash:URI handler, allowing you to open
zcash:links in ZecWallet
- Fix some sporadic crashes
- Add warning notification for Sprout receiving addresses See notification
- Force single instace of ZecWallet
- Allow passing in
zcash:payment URIs on the command line
zec-qt-wallet is now ZecWallet, and includes a brand new logo (Thanks to Shawn from the Zcash Community!)
Note for Mac users:
You might need to delete the previous
zec-qt-wallet App from your Applications folder manually, since the new app is called
ZecWallet, and the upgrade process doesn't clean up the old app sometimes.
- Fixed a rare crash when the wallet was very large
- New logo icons
This version of zec-qt-wallet adds an experimental headless mode to zec-qt-wallet. Pass in
--headless as a command line argument to get zec-qt-wallet to run without a UI.
Note that zec-qt-wallet will attempt to start embedded zcashd just as it normally would, even in headless mode. To get a sense of what zec-qt-wallet is doing while running headless, tail its log file:
tail -f ~/.local/share/zec-qt-wallet-org/zec-qt-wallet/zec-qt-wallet.log
As always, if you run into issues, please file a bug report.
Other changes in this release
- Fixed a slew of label bugs (Thanks @rex4539 !)
- Thanks to our friends at Italian Zcash Community, Italian is now supported as a UI language